Today I had a perfect people day. I feel so blessed to be able to think through EVERY person I had any form of contact today with and know that every one of them are “my” people. You can have it too, here’s how.
Let me rewind; At the beginning of the year I did a whole lot of business soul searching. In one of the courses I took (the amazingly fabulous www.hellosoulhellobusiness.com ) we had to do multiple exercised to determine who we wanted to do business with. We listed our ideal customers, vendors, employees, etc.
In case you’re wondering – some of the qualities of my ideal customer: kind, soulful, value my work, they travel, love life, value people, treat other’s with respect and dignity.
People I don’t want to attract as customers – dishonest, condescending, negative, wasteful, naysayers, don’t respect my time, don’t value my work.
Those are a few examples. When I opened my studio in August I very specifically didn’t put ads in the local paper or do mass advertising. I don’t want to attract everyone, I only want to attract people around me who get what I do. So every decision I make in my business I ask that question, is this going to help me work with people I want to be around or people I dread. Because I have been clear about this 95% of the time I get to spend my days working with the most amazing customers, business owners and vendors.
So here’s what to do,
- write down who you want to surround yourself with in this life.
- Make choices that will bring you into their world and them into yours.
- Put your intentions out into the universe.
- Be your best, authentic, honest self.
- when you are choosing your job, daycare provider or even your hair stylist. Trust your gut. Pay attention to how you feel after being around them.
- Blog, market, hire with these people in mind. Not everyone will get you, not everyone is your ideal person to be around. That is okay.
- If you slowly start to weed out those that make you feel down, less than, cheap, uneasy it will make room for those who make you feel good.