The Crown Chakra – this chakra is located on the top of your head.
Sometimes that answers we are looking for in the world can be answered by simply tuning inward instead of looking outward. The crown chakra is associated with self-knowledge, a connection with a higher being and a feeling of connectedness. One of my favorite meditations is a quick 3 breath visualization. This is my interpretation from one that was taught to me by Paulie from Dragonfly Journey http://www.dragonflyjourney.com/. On the first breath visualize as you take a deep breath in; your breath going through your entire body and down through your feet. Then continue the breath down through the ground and visualize it into roots growing deep into the ground to keep you grounded. On your next breath picture pulling universal knowledge and energy from the sky in through your head and down into your body as you exhale visualize all of the negative flowing out into the sky and into the stars. One the third breath picture these two energy swirly within you. You are connected to the ground, the sky, and all that is!
From about.com: The Crown Chakra is associated with the color violet or white. We use the seventh chakra as a tool to communicate with our spiritual nature. It is through this vortice that the life force is dispersed from the universe into the lower 6 chakras. It has been referred to as our “GOD SOURCE” – but this terminology might be confusing to anyone who equates God with religious dogma, because of this I choose to call it a spiritual connection or communicator. This chakra is often pictured as a lotus flower opening to allow spiritual awakening in an individual. The crown chakra could also be considered the well intuitive knowing is drawn from.
Chakra Seven – Associations
- Color – violet, white
- Sanskrit Name – sahasrara
- Physical Location – top of head
- Purposes – intuitive knowing, connection to one’s spirituality, integration of the whole
- Spiritual Lesson – spirituality, living in the NOW
- Physical Disfunctions– mystical depression, diseases of the muscular system, skeletal system and the skin, chronic exhaustion not associated with physical ailments, sensitivity to light, sound, environment
- Mental and Emotional Issues – discovery of the divine, lack of purpose, loss of meaning or identity, trust, selflessness, humanitarianism, ability to see the bigger picture in the life stream, devotion, inspiration, values, ethics
- Information Stored Inside Crown Chakra – duality, magnetism, controlling patterns, emotional feelings (joy, anger, fear)
- Area of Body Governed – top center of the head, midline above the ears
- Exercises that stimulate the crown chakra
- Foods that fuel the crown chakra
Gemstones and Flower Essences
Gemstones and Flower Essences that stimulate, cleanse and energize the crown chakra
You can find the artwork prints here: www.noellerollinsart.etsy.com
- Perfect people to receive this pose/chakra artwork are: people suffering from depression, diseases of the muscular system, skeletal system and the skin, chronic exhaustion not associated with physical ailments, sensitivity to light, sound, environment
- Or the emotions that come with discovery of the divine, lack of purpose, loss of meaning or identity, trust.
This piece is part of my Soulful Yoga Series. This series has been created out of my own journey to live more self-aware. I’ve longed for a way to quiet my always running mind, feel good in my body from the inside out and connect with my inner soulful awareness. I believe this series will connect with people who do yoga as well as those who do not but are looking for positive, encouraging, calming artwork.
You can keep up to date on my work and happenings here: www.facebook.com/noellerollinsart
If you like this artwork and would like to see one similar that includes a different uplifting message you will find it here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/101000734/speak-your-truth-soulful-yoga-plow-pose
I will continue announcing each week one new piece for this series.