Celebrate those you love with a professional, hand-drawn, colored pencil portrait gift for them.
5 in stock (can be backordered)
Holiday portraits are currently Sold out. Thank you. I will open back up this listing for a limited number of portraits in September. You can use this listing to put down a deposit for that time and insert your place in line. I will contact you a couple of weeks before I’m ready to start your portrait to verify that I have your photos I’ll be using as a reference and to collect the remaining portion of the first 50%.
This holiday listing features a few extra bonuses!
30% off regular portrait pricing
Free video of me creating your portrait – (You’ll receive a link to a video on youtube of your portrait being created, you can share this link with family and friends as you wish)
Guaranteed holiday delivery!
These beautiful, high-quality, professionally drawn portraits from your photos. You can have prints made of your artwork for family members, children, grandchildren.
What you’ll get with your custom, handcrafted, holiday portrait:
- Professional, hand-drawn, colored pencil, custom portrait on thick bristol paper.
- An 8″x10″ portrait mounted into an 11″x14″ white mat.
- Ability to order prints, canvas prints, ornaments, or other items with your loved one’s portrait on them. Portrait prints can be shipped directly to family members, saving one person from having to box and ship artwork to everyone.
- Youtube video link to a video of me creating your artwork. You’ll be able to share this link with friends and family. Watching the video of the portrait of your loved one being created is a very touching experience. It’s special to feel their energy being celebrated and coming together before your eyes.
What I need from you to help create the best portrait possible:
- Clear photo(s)- I work from photos, so you’ll simply supply one or more clear photos for me to work from. The clearer the better.
- If you choose to have more than one person together in a single piece of artwork you can supply a clear photo that features all subjects or you can give supply separate clear photos and we can put them together into a single picture.
- After I receive your order I will email you, you can respond to that email and send your photos.
- I’ll work with you to determine the style of the portrait you’d like. Some questions to ask yourself: Do you want the face cropped (cut off) on the sides creating a fun whimsical portrait or do you like the more formal and regal style portraits. Other options include zoomed-out images with important surroundings, which could be a musician playing with a full setup around them or a child in a field, grandma slicing vegetables or sewing with her surroundings around her, etc.
Colored pencil portraits are a perfect medium to capture an incredible amount of detail. You’ll love the depth of color and uniqueness of these portraits.
You can see examples of the portrait videos from the past on my youtube channel here.
Frequently asked questions:
Q) Do you draw from pictures? – A) yes. I prefer to draw from pictures.
Q) Can I have more than one person in the picture? A) Yes. Select the number of subjects you’d like to have in a single portrait. If the photo you provide shows both people then I will work to recreate that image. You can also supply two separate photos and I can put them together in one drawing.
Q) Do you draw cats or dogs? A) Yes. I’m open to any type of pet. You can find that listing here.
Q) Do these drawings come framed? A) No, these drawings will ship out flat and will not be in a frame. If you need framing suggestions or size suggestions please ask. I have an excellent framer I work with if you would like suggestions on framing just let me know.
Q) Can I get something else drawn instead of a person or pet? A) Yes. Recently I drew a bride’s floral bouquet from her wedding. I’ve also had people ask about a child’s favorite toy, a house or cabin portrait, old tractor, and more. I’ve also drawn cars, shoes, and ball caps. If you have something in mind please ask and I’ll give you a custom quote. Thanks
Why a custom portrait?
It’s up to us to take a moment and turn it into a forever appreciated piece of art. I’ve witnessed firsthand how special someone feels to know that another person cared enough to hire an artist to draw their every feature. It’s a long-lasting gift that goes way beyond the artwork itself. The benefit of working with me as an artist is that I can present you with options to help you reach the goals for your portrait. We can work on the size, price, level of detail, what materials your portrait is created in all to reach the perfect combination that works for you, and the goal of your artwork. I also am incredibly organized, and consistently on time. Yes, a spreadsheet loving, creative. Who knew we existed, right?
If you are looking for larger sizes or special commissions beyond people portraits please message me. I have a wide variety of drawing and painting experience in many styles that I’ve developed through my professional training and 25 years as an artist. I happily accept international orders.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
|Dimensions||15 × 11 × 1 in|
8"x10", 11"x14", 16"x20", 22"x28"