Thank you Nurses – a portrait for you in gratitude
At the end of March I checked in with my sisters. They are both nurses. I wanted to make sure they had the protective equipment and wear that they needed, and also do a mental and emotional health check in with all that is going on in the world right now.
My sister sent me a photo of her in her full protective wear. It made me cry. In a very personal way, things just got really real. This mom of 5, my sister, shows up day after day to care for others. Even in the midst of a pandemic. I found myself feeling so proud of her. Then I found myself scared for her. My tears flowed as I felt every feeling in between.
Mostly, I felt gratitude that people like her (and my other sister) are here. The caretakers. The ones who make sure to hold it all together even in the midst of chaos. This drawing is my way of saying thank you. My way of using art to bring people together, to draw attention to amazing nurses (and all those in the medical field). Thank you! My hope is that we can share this with them. Let them know we honor them and all they are doing.
Here is a youtube video that you are welcome to share on Facebook, via email, or other social medias as well. Spread the gratitude!
Here are 5 ways you can help spread the gratitude for front line workers:
- Please take a moment and share this blog post. Share it on Facebook, via email, or other social medias. Thank you.
- Here is the youtube link you can share via email, facebook, or text: https://youtu.be/eCRVTCoohic
- Either order this image on postcards to give out to nurses and medical workers and raise money towards nurse friendly non-profits at the same time. Many nurses are not having the time to be on social media right now, so a paper (forever) copy is perfect to give or mail to them. Find sets of this image here. OR sponsor a shipment of postcards to medical workers. Click here to see sponsoring/donation options.
4. Looking for something really special to give a nurse in your life? How about a portrait of him or her or a portrait of someone they love such a child or beloved pet? You can also have them drawn in their full PPE. There is a special going on that anyone reading this is able to take advantage of. I have a very limited number of 5″x7″ portraits for a special price here.
5. Order posters for your offices and storefronts.
All these options work together to spread the gratitude and raise money and hep more thank you cards to be sent out. As these frontline workers continue to show up day after day let us continue to thank them and celebrate their bravery and sacrifices, and be there for them through this and after both physically and emotionally.