The heart chakra is in the heart area, behind the breast bone. It is associated with love, compassion, spirituality and healing. Here is some great information I got from about.com The Heart Chakra is associated with the color green or the color pink. This love center of our human energy system is often the focus in bringing about a healing. Thus, the words “Love Heals All” have great truth. Hurtful situations that can affect our emotional being are divorce or separation, grief through death, emotional abuse, abandonment, adultery. All of these are wounding to the heart chakra. Physical illnesses brought about by heartbreak require that an emotional healing occur along with the physical healing. Learning to love yourself is a powerful first step in securing a healthy fourth chakra. The “wounded child” resides in the heart chakra.
Chakra Four – Associations
- Color – green, pink
- Sanskrit Name – anahata
- Physical Location – center of chest
- Purposes – emotional empowerment
- Spiritual Lesson – forgiveness, unconditional love, letting go, trust, compassion
- Physical Disfunctions– heart conditions, asthma, lung & breast cancers, thoracic spine, pneumonia, upper back, shoulder problems
- Mental and Emotional Issues – love, compassion, confidence, inspiration, hope, despair, hate, envy, fear, jealousy, anger, generosity
- Information Stored Inside Heart Chakra – connections or “heart strings” to those whom we love
- Area of Body Governed – heart, circulatory system, blood, lungs, rib cage, diaphragm, thymus, breasts, esophagus, shoulders, arms, hands
This pose is called the Upward Facing Dog Pose. One of the chakras it helps open is the heart chakra. You can find the artwork prints here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/101348901/soulful-yoga-upward-facing-dog-pose-love
Prints from this chakra are especially great for someone going through one of the following times: heart conditions, asthma, lung & breast cancers, thoracic spine, pneumonia, upper back, shoulder problems and those needing extra support in areas of love, compassion and spirituality.
This piece is part of my Soulful Yoga Series. This series has been created out of my own journey to live more self-aware. I’ve longed for a way to quiet my always running mind, feel good in my body from the inside out and connect with my inner soulful awareness. I believe this series will connect with people who do yoga as well as those who do not but are looking for positive, encouraging, calming artwork.
The original that this print is from was created on an upcycled door. I love the symbolism of the doorway; closing the door on the past, opening the door to a new future. My husband helps me to cut down no longer needed hollow doors, we then add wood inserts to make all four sides solid. I then add layers of texture and finally do the artwork.
You can keep up to date on my work and happenings here: www.facebook.com/noellerollinsart
If you like this artwork and would like to see one similar that includes a different uplifting message you will find it here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/101000734/speak-your-truth-soulful-yoga-plow-pose
I will continue announcing each week one new piece for this series.