Let’s ground ourselves. No not the punishment but lets connect with the earth, feel secure and bring ourselves back from spacing out. This pose is called the mountain pose. You can view the artwork for it here: https://www.noellerollinsart.etsy.com
When I focus on this chakra is encourages me to come to terms with my Attitude toward money, security, greed, lack. This comes up so often being an entrepreneur. I have to choose to believe deep in my soul that this is an abundant world, there is enough for everyone. There is enough business for me, there is enough money for me and I get to attract it.
This artwork is great for those that are suffering from: lower back pain, sciatica, varicose veins, rectal tumors, depression, immune related disorders and/or the emotions that come with survival, self esteem, social order, security and family
The Base or Root Chakra is associated with the color red. This chakra is the grounding force that allows us to connect to the earth energies and empower our beings. Focusing one’s attention on the color of a cherry popsicle or a juicy red apple can help bring our energetic body “down to earth” and in alignment with our physical body when we find ourselves energetically fleeting or in other words…..”spacing off.”
Chakra One – Associations
- Color – red
- Sanskrit Name – muladhara
- Physical Location – base of the spine
- Purposes – kinesthetic feelings, movement
- Spiritual Lesson – material world lessons
- Physical Dysfunctions– lower back pain, sciatica, varicose veins, rectal tumors, depression, immune related disorders
- Mental and Emotional Issues – survival, self esteem, social order, security, family
- Information Stored Inside Root Chakra – familial beliefs, superstitions, loyalty, instincts, physical pleasure or pain, touch
- Area of Body Governed – spinal column, kidneys, legs, feet, rectum, immune system
- Exercises that stimulate the root chakra
- Foods that fuel the root chakra
Gemstones and Flower Essences
Gemstones and Flower Essences that stimulate, cleanse and energize the root chakra
This artwork is part of my Soulful Yoga Series. This series has been created out of my own journey to live more self aware. I’ve longed for a way to quiet my always running mind, feel good in my body from the inside out and connect with my inner soulful awareness. I believe this series will connect with people who do yoga as well as those who do not but are looking for positive, encouraging, calming artwork.
The original that this print is from was created on an upcycled door. I love the symbolism of the doorway; closing the door on the past, opening the door to a new future. My husband helps me to cut down no longer needed hollow doors, we then add wood inserts to make all four sides solid. I then add layers of texture and finally do the artwork. I love when I get the change to create using repurposed materials.
You can keep up to date on my work and happenings here: www.facebook.com/noellerollinsart
If you like this artwork and would like to see one similar that includes a different uplifting message you will find it here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/101000734/speak-your-truth-soulful-yoga-plow-pose