This weeks artwork is all about the creativity, passionate, feminine self. love love! This pose is called the King Pigeon Pose and clears and activates the Sacral Chakra!
Let’s clear out any blockages in our Sacral Chakra and let our creativity soar. I love this chakra. I’ve recently started in the last few months doing some of the S factor workouts and I love how much it opens this chakra and leaves me feeling more feminine and connected to my body. Great too for us creative types and I know for me after childbirth my hips have been so stiff so the poses for this chakra will also help loosen those up. Enjoy!
From About.com: The Sacral Chakra is associated with the color orange or red-orange. I usually visualize the Sunkist orange that has been dyed to attract the produce buyer, or the orange red of an evening sunset when I’m focusing on spinning my second chakra. This chakra often offers us the opportunity to lessen our “control issues” and find a balance in our lives, teaching us to recognize that acceptance and rejection are not the only options in our relationships. The process of making changes in our life stream through our personal choices is a product of second chakra energy. A well-functioning second chakra helps one to maintain a healthy yin-yang existence.
Chakra Two – Associations
- Color – orange
- Sanskrit Name – swadhisthana
- Physical Location – lower abdomen to the navel
- Purposes – emotional connection
- Spiritual Lesson – creativity, manifestation. honoring relationships, learning to “let go”
- Physical Dysfunctions– low back pain, sciatica, ob/gyn problems, pelvic pain, libido, urinary problems
- Mental and Emotional Issues – blame, guilt, money, sex, power, control, creativity, morality
- Information Stored Inside Sacral Chakra – duality, magnetism, controlling patterns, emotional feelings (joy, anger, fear)
- Area of Body Governed – sexual organs, stomach, upper intestines, liver, gallbladder, kidney, pancreas, adrenal glands, spleen, middle spine
- Exercises that stimulate the sacral chakra
- Foods that fuel the sacral chakra
You can find the artwork prints here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/101353743/soulful-yoga-king-pigeon-pose-infused
Perfect people to receive this pose/chakra artwork are: people suffering from low back pain, sciatica, ob/gyn problems, pelvic pain, libido, urinary problem and those working through the emotions that come with blame, guilt, money, sex, power, control, and creativity.
This piece is part of my Soulful Yoga Series. This series has been created out of my own journey to live more self aware. I’ve longed for a way to quiet my always running mind, feel good in my body from the inside out and connect with my inner soulful awareness. I believe this series will connect with people who do yoga as well as those who do not but are looking for positive, encouraging, calming artwork.
The original that this print is from was created on an upcycled door. I love the symbolism of the doorway; closing the door on the past, opening the door to a new future. My husband helps me to cut down no longer needed hollow doors, we then add wood inserts to make all four sides solid. I then add layers of texture and finally do the artwork. I love when I get the change to create using repurposed materials.
You can keep up to date on my work and happenings here: www.facebook.com/noellerollinsart
If you like this artwork and would like to see one similar that includes a different uplifting message you will find it here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/101000734/speak-your-truth-soulful-yoga-plow-pose
I will continue announcing each week one new piece for this series.