The Solar Plexus Chakra
One feels then thinks the one must do. This chakra is all your energy, power and action. It is located below the breast bone behind the stomach.
My interpretation of this all is that when I feel that feeling in my gut telling me that something is or isn’t right that is my intuition. In order to maximize our intuition and connection to our senses we must make sure our Solar Plexus Chakra is clear and fully active. I’ve written a little about boundaries here (https://noellerollinsart.wordpress.com/2012/06/14/i-give-you-permission-to-say-no/ ) and I think this also comes from having increased self-esteem. When you feel good about yourself and your place in life you don’t worry quite as much about people pleasing. I feel as if I’ve made so many strides in this area yet it has me wondering since I had to have my gallbladder out last December if that is somehow tied into my having more work to do in this area.
Here is the boat pose (below). Other poses that are good for clearing this chakra and activating it: sun salutation, warrior poses and twists.
From about.com: The Solar Plexus Chakra is associated with the color yellow. This is the area which defines our “self-esteem”. The personality that develops during puberty is housed in this chakra….otherwise known as the “EGO”. Anyone experiencing dysfunction of the third chakra is having difficulty obtaining or maintaining his/her own “personal power”. This intuitive chakra is where we get our “gut instincts” that signal us to do or not to do something. Strong self-esteem is a required for developing intuitive skills.
Chakra Three – Associations
- Color – yellow
- Sanskrit Name – manipura
- Physical Location – solar plexus
- Purposes – mental understanding of emotional life
- Spiritual Lesson – acceptance of your place in the life stream. (self-love)
- Physical Dysfunctions– stomach ulcers, intestinal tumors, diabetes, pancreatitis, indigestion, anorexia/bulimia, hepatitis, cirrhosis, adrenal imbalances, arthritis, colon diseases
- Mental and Emotional Issues – self esteem, fear of rejection, oversensitivity to criticism, self-image fears, fears of our secrets being found out, indecisiveness
- Information Stored Inside Sacral Chakra – personal power, personality, consciousness of self within the universe (sense of belonging), knowing
- Area of Body Governed – upper abdomen, umbilicus to rib cage, liver, gallbladder, middle spine, spleen, kidney, adrenals, small intestines, stomach
- Exercises that stimulate the solar plexus chakra
- Foods that fuel the solar plexus chakra
Gemstones and Flower Essences
Gemstones and Flower Essences that stimulate, cleanse and energize the solar plexus chakra
- Gemstones – Jasper , Golden Topaz, Yellow Tourmaline
- Flower Essences – Chamomile, Golden Yarrow, Peppermint
This piece is part of my Soulful Yoga Series. This series has been created out of my own journey to live more self-aware. I’ve longed for a way to quiet my always running mind, feel good in my body from the inside out and connect with my inner soulful awareness. I believe this series will connect with people who do yoga as well as those who do not but are looking for positive, encouraging, calming artwork.
You can keep up to date on my work and happenings here: www.facebook.com/noellerollinsart
If you like this artwork and would like to see one similar that includes a different uplifting message you will find it here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/101000734/speak-your-truth-soulful-yoga-plow-pose
I will continue announcing each week one new piece for this series.