The third eye chakra (also known as the Brow Chakra)
This I admit is the most intriguing chakra for me. Ever since I was little and I saw people from India with the red dot between their eyes it made me curious. I now know that these Bindis are worn by women of many religions in South Asia and Southeast Asia, and is not restricted to Hindus. Many Muslim women in Bangladesh and Pakistan wear the bindi as part of makeup. My understanding is one of the reason for the Bindi is to help activate the third eye. The red represents honor, love and prosperity, hence it was worn traditionally by women to symbolize this. How beautiful, I love it.
From Chakraclearing.com: You know your Intuitive Chakra is STRONG when you are able to make accurate intuitive decisions and evaluations about your career, your family and the intentions of other people. You often know things without knowing exactly how you know them, and you have a clear sense of direction and clarity in everything that you do. You have a vivid picture of where your life is headed, and the people around you are likely to rely on you for guidance and advice.
You know your Intuitive Chakra is WEAK or CLOSED if you feel lost and helpless when faced with decisions and judgment calls. You are indecisive, uncommitted and unconfident of the decisions you end up making, because you have a history of making the wrong ones. You feel spiritually lost, and your true purpose is unclear to you. You often get headaches and feel tension in your brow area.
The Brow Chakra is associated with the color indigo. It is also often referred to as the third eye or the mind center. It is our avenue to wisdom – learning from our experiences and putting them in perspective. Our ability to separate reality from fantasy or delusions is in connection with the healthfulness of this chakra. Achieving the art of detachment beyond “small mindedness” is accomplished through developing impersonal intuitive reasoning. It is through an open brow chakra that visual images are received.
Chakra Six – Associations
- Color – indigo
- Sanskrit Name – ajna
- Physical Location – center of the forehead
- Purposes – action of ideas, insight, mind development
- Spiritual Lesson – understanding, reality check point, detachment, open mind
- Physical Dysfunctions– brain tumors, strokes, blindness, deafness, seizures, learning disabilities, spinal dysfunctions, panic, depression
- Mental and Emotional Issues – fear of truth, discipline, judgement, evaluation, emotional intelligence, concept of reality, confusion
- Information Stored Inside Sacral Chakra – seeing clear picture (symbolic or literal), wisdom, intuition, mental facilities, intellect
- Area of Body Governed – brain, neurological system, eyes, ears, nose, pituitary, pineal glands
- Exercises that stimulate the brow chakra
- Foods that fuel the brow chakra
Gemstones and Flower Essences
This piece is part of my Soulful Yoga Series. This series has been created out of my own journey to live more self-aware. I’ve longed for a way to quiet my always running mind, feel good in my body from the inside out and connect with my inner soulful awareness. I believe this series will connect with people who do yoga as well as those who do not but are looking for positive, encouraging, calming artwork.
You can keep up to date on my work and happenings here: www.facebook.com/noellerollinsart
If you like this artwork and would like to see one similar that includes a different uplifting message you will find it here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/101000734/speak-your-truth-soulful-yoga-plow-pose
I will continue announcing each week one new piece for this series.